Porridge…simple method

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by didi - VIC didi – VIC 2 years, 1 month ago. This post has been viewed 763 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tivolidreamer
    Participant

Firstly this is not actually a recipe but a really simple non fussy non messy way of making porridge, I got tired of it spilling in microwave sticking to pots or boiling over on stove.
    I do this now and its great.
    You need a good non stick frying pan. I love the blue stone ware.

Just go to the tap and put water into the fry pan. I dont even measure. You get a rough idea. If you have too much it evapoates any way.
    Add salt if you wish about half teaspoon, up to you.
    Now two handfuls of rolled oats.
    Turn on stove. Stir every now and then and thats it.
    Works every time. Make porridge as desired.
    I like a few knobs of butter and sprinkle sugar. Butter melts . You can use marg or the old milk and sugar.
    To the Scots just add a bit more salt. Nothing else.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

tivolidreamer, I am a porridge saucepan gal! I don’t mind standing stirring it every now and then – it gives me ‘think time’ 🙂

I love either brown sugar or raw sugar with a touch of milk – stir, onto the spoon and into the mouth – OUCH that was TOO hot!!!

I’ll give your method a try as I have a small non-stick pan and again, I can stir!!!

tivolidreamer
    Participant

Did it work Didi?

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Tiv, you might not believe this but just THIS morning I saw the porridge in its container and thought I would use your recipe but then I realised I didn’t have time to make porridge from any recipe let along trying yours BUT I will have a go soon – thanks for the gentle reminder!!!! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15