pre – diabetic

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by didi - VIC didi – VIC 4 months ago. This post has been viewed 194 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

johnvic
    Participant

At the doctors yesterday I was told my blood test results showed my blood haemoglobin A1c levels were ” in the low range of what is considered pre-diabetic” but my blood glucose levels were in the normal range. Does anybody out there know a bit about diabetes that can offer some advice?

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hi johnvic in our area there is an appointed Diabetes Educator who advises patients on this subject. It may be that you have one too – your GP would advise you.
    I think we can be overloaded with hearsay – every patient is peculiar to themselves so the one whose advice we should adhere to, is our own GP.
    Best wishes 🙂

johnvic
    Participant

Thanks didi. At this stage everybody is telling me I don’t have diabetes but I “need to be careful”; whatever that means. I have looked at my diet and I can see improvements I can make as far as sugar content of foods like cakes and biscuits. My concern is why my A1c levels were high in the first place. I’m booked to see the doc to fully discuss my situation and I will be asking to have a glucose tolerance test to see if there is a problem with my ability to control blood glucose levels. Just what I don’t need; another health issue.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  johnvic.
    Jen
    Jen
    Participant

All the best Johnvic. Good ideas you have for your visit to the doctor.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

johnvic I am sure that you can gain diet related information from a Diabetes Educator which should be accessible via your Dr.

johnvic
    Participant

YAY, glucose Tolerance test came back normal. No diabetes, not pre-diabetic.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Great news Johnvic. Happy for you.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

good news johnvic 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15