Qld.family currently facing deportation.

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Senate Qld.family currently facing deportation.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  williamthebold 4 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 478 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Leshan
    Participant

Not sure how much coverage this case has received outside Queensland and can only go on what I’ve read and heard in the media but finding I have  a lot of sympathy for this family.They are Tamils,certainly partners possibly husband and wife who arrived here on separate boats in separate years and who ended up with temporary bridging visas.

Unlike many boat people this couple did not settle in some city suburb but found work in small town Biloela Queensland and moved there.They have since had two Australian born daughters to whom Biloela is home.Seems their visas have run out and appeals to extend them have been rejected.Border Force officers picked them up from their home the other morning,took them to Perth and were about to deport them when the Federal Minister in charge stepped in and delayed the deportation.

The family are currently in detention in Melbourne while the Minister looks at the case.Normally a hard liner I find myself agreeing with a lot of Biloela residents who seemingly are of the opinion that there an awful lot of immigrants here far more deserving of deportation than this little family.Very interested to see what the minister decides.

Salina
    Participant

“The family are currently in detention in Melbourne while the Minister looks at the case. Normally a hard liner I find myself agreeing with a lot of Biloela residents who seemingly are of the opinion that there an awful lot of immigrants here far more deserving of deportation than this little family. Very interested to see what the minister decides.”

Leshan, I would agree with your comment above.   Hopefully, compassion will win the day.

klo7
    Participant

This sounds like a great bungle.

Family moved by officials  from Biloela Queensland to Perth then to Melbourne.

Since they have been in Australia for some time I wonder how many times they have tried to sort things out

williamthebold
    Participant

I would suggest caution here.
    There could be good reasons why these people are not considered right for australia.
    However, as they have been allowed to live here, work here, raise an australian family here, it does seem a bit harsh to decide to eject them from the country now.
    There would have to be a very solid reason for them not to stay before such proposed action is taken.
    On the face of it, I wish them well, and hope their children are not too distressed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15