Recipes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jackSprat 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 315 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Have you read some of the new recipes for main meals? you would have your kitchen bench covered with pots and pans by the time you finish trying to make some of these involved new meals. I like reading new recipes of main meals, but finding these days there are a lot of strange new words- (ingredients) starting to appear that I have never heard of.

I have a big book supposedly listing all kitchen ingredients used in cooking but some of these new names are not listed. I think the people writing these recipes or even talking about food should write down the bottom of article what these ingredients are.
    Some of the meals read really delicous some read really ugh !.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

I think the people writing these recipes or even talking about food should write down the bottom of article what these ingredients are.

Good idea.

williamthebold
    Participant

From a man’s point of view:
    As long as food is palatable, nourishing, and sustaining, we don’t mind?
    So don’t worry about all the pots and pans and ‘ingredients’.
    Food is fuel. Not a plaything.
    Keep it simple.

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Mmmm the only problem with all the pots and pans you then have to wash them all, not too bad if you have a dishwashing machine, I try to keep my food preparation simple as you say Williamthebold, but I am still staggered at the amount of work, preparation and the time, some of these food recipes that I read would entail.
    Actually I don’t have much time for experimenting and playing in the kitchen these days, have more interesting things I prefer to do.

Salina
    Participant

Having watched early versions of two cooking programs, I noticed “ingredients are now referred to as elements, and the main ingredient of a dish is referred to as “”the hero of the dish”.  Even cooking is evolving.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

No longer baking for the competitions in the CWA (sadly the organisation having folded in our village)At the back of the grocery cupboard, I found a large unopened bottle of Treacle & haven’t a clue what to do with it?!
    A change of subjects, no prize for the winner 🙂

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Tulip, here’s some treacle recipes from SBS. 🙂 Have fun.

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/ingredient/treacle

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Jen,how very kind & thoughtful of you, they all look delicious, even tempting to the men on greypath forum. 🙂

jackSprat
    Keymaster

My Mum used to make a “treacle tart”. Yumm-oh. But I’m not sure that she didn’t actually use Golden Syrup. There’s a jar of molasses in the pantry and neither M nor I can remember why we bought it! I’m sure it’ll come to use eventually and it won’t be going off, that’s for sure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15