Seniors Clubs

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Tedwalker Tedwalker 1 month, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 221 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

I belong to a few seniors clubs.
    A few are holding or even gaining members.
    Most are losing members, with some closing down.
    One I’m in used to have about 100 members, about 20 years ago, and now has 25.
    Of course, some members are passing away, and some going into nursing homes,but they’re not being replaced by new retirees.
    There appears to be so much choice, and also, many retirement homes have their own facilities, tennis courts, bowls lawns etc.
    We’ll probably finish up with fewer and fewer clubs.

Rainee
    Rainee
    Participant

Hi Ted,, One I am in too I cant log in with the password they gave me ,, try if I might send my email that doesnt work either so this one will be my solely one it is easier and I dont have trouble with passwords not being recognised I dont change them but for some reason the computer seems to be the problem ..

Rainee
    Rainee
    Participant

Previous post is distorted why is this ? anyone know?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Rainee Rainee.

williamthebold
    Participant

You are probably using the windows operating system.
    Someone familiar with that system needs to respond?
    It could just be operator error too. We can all make mistakes.
    I hope someone who might have done the same thing at some time will come forward and tell you the how and  why?

Salina
    Participant

Tedwalker, I’ve never belonged to any clubs, so can’t directly comment from personal experience.   But it does surprise me that numbers are shrinking, because we are living longer these days, and there are lots of products and services that target seniors for the reason that we are more in numbers today.  So one imagines seniors clubs should or could, attract more people.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Maybe part of the reason is many seniors now use mobile phones  you go to a coffee /tea house and many times every one at the table is staring at their phones. People don’t write letters any more with all the news, they don’t have to stay home because they are expecting a call.

For some reason every one seems to be very busy these days apart from gardening, shopping etc, being on the computer does take up a lot of time, but I also know a number of seniors who can’t be bothered with a computer and we have lost a lot of members here who always used to write on greypath I guess  some have gone to homes where computers   are not used.    Hey maybe their fingers don’t work  so well these day with arthritis etc.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Yes Betty. Its a pity when people ‘disappear’. I think Didi was the only one who did say goodbye to us since I joined and she still may be able to view though not post.

Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

I am in my local Probus club, for retirees, and it is going well.  New members regularly join, and we seem to maintain around 100 members. Anyone tried Probus?

Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

Yes Abbey, I’m in my local Probus club also.
    It’s one of the few that’s gaining members.
    I wish some other clubs could say the same.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15