Seriously?????

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jay 1 day, 13 hours ago. This post has been viewed 175 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Greer
    Participant

As we all know the Commonwealth Games are to be held in Queensland. A rule/guide book for volunteers states that we cannot address groups of mixed gender people as Ladies and Gentlemen, Girls and Boys (as we have always done) oh no, now it is Good Morning People, Everybody, All or any other stupid word we can think of.

Now, Queensland again, a driver licence will have no gender on it and I understand no height. I cannot speak for other females on this site, but I am FEMALE and proud of it. So why can’t I have my gender on my licence? Should I have a choice? I am offended by the fact that my gender is no longer important enough to be on my licence. Should I now introduce myself as ‘Greer, straight woman?’ Getting really sick of all this rubbish.

Now Billie Jean King and Martina Navaratilova have come out saying “Margaret Court Arena” should be renamed because she spoke out about gay and lesbian marriage and similar topics. The arena was (to my knowledge) named after her because of her amazing tennis playing ability and nothing else. I also thought that in a democracy one was entitled to an opinion whether it agreed with yours or not.

I voted ‘no’ and will always be a no voter on this subject. That is my right and my opinion.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Re Queensland licences. The gender and height labels haven’t been on Qld licences since late 2016. They are not on any other state licences either.

Salina
    Participant

A couple of other posters as well as me have been commenting on this trend for some time.,,,,that we are heading toward a genderless society, if  our leaders continue to allow certain minorities to make decisions for us all.

Where are the politicians who will stand up to this war on our culture and way of living?

We might as well all start wearing a uniform as they did in China for years.   All one colour, all one shape,  no personal identity, not allowed to think for ourselves.

An androgynous world awaits.

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

Well Girls, Bloody EVE should have stayed away from the Apple tree. it’s all her fault! 🙂  🙂  🙂

Greer
    Participant

Jen, I have my licence in front of me now. It was issued 06/15 and expires 07/20. It has also DOB, Sex, Height, Class and Type and it is a Qld licence.

Michael Dean
    Participant

Jen.. you’re quite right.
    Nothing beyond Name/Address/DOB and Photo on VIC licences.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Hi Greer … I renewed my QLD licence in 2017. The new one doesn’t have the sex and height any more. I hadn’t realised until I read an article on the internet yesterday and checked it.

Information recorded on your licence includes a photo of your face and your:
    • name
    • date of birth
    • residential address
    • gender (not after 1 October 2016)
    • height (not after 1 October 2016).

From link below.
    https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/driver-licensing/types

Greer
    Participant

Hi Jen

Thank you for the information. I did not know until I saw the news, that licences had changed.

johnvic
    Participant

Next they’ll stop putting boy / girl on birth notices. I wonder if girls only or boys only schools will soon be baned.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15