Shingles

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Timetrvlr Timetrvlr 7 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 625 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I finally managed to get my flu injection this week, naughty girl says Dr I have been very busy says I.

Whilst there I said I heard a talk about Shingles on the radio they were saying how very very painful it can be.I said when I had an attack last year I had a very itchy attack  of shingles not painful how come? the Dr said oh there are several different  sorts of attacks you can get, but you mostly only ever hear about the painful ones and I was lucky he said. I mention this only  in case  you want to tuck this little bit of information away if needed sometime.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

betty glad you’ve had your flu shot.

the info on Shingles is interesting – I worked for a Naturopath who treated patients with acupuncture needling and had good results 🙂

Jennywren-vic
    Jennywren-vic
    Participant

Just caught up with this post. You may remember my adult daughter got shingles nearly 2 years ago. She is still seriously ill with it and not getting any better.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Jennywren-vic I remember you telling us about your daughter being ill with shingles; it surprises me that she is still not fully recovered – I hope that day will come soon 🙂

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Jennywren,so sorry to  hear of y our daughter still suffering from her shingles attack.We can only hope that her medico’s are doing all they can to help her recover.

Jennywren-vic
    Jennywren-vic
    Participant

Daughter went to her doc on Thursday and he put her back on her old tablets as the ones she was on were making her suicidal amongst other things. Doc says she may get better in 2 months or 2 years they just don’t know. It has turned out that she is my carer and I am hers. Hoping she will feel a bit better on new tabs. She had to give up work because of shingles and luckily could access her super. Who would think all this could happen. I think she got it so bad because she had a very severe case of c.pox at about 2. I would love these anti vaxxers to know what can happen.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Just awful Jennywren … poor girl. I really hope she gets some relief soon … it seems so long now since she first got it. All my very best to both of you.

Jennywren-vic
    Jennywren-vic
    Participant

Didi she had acupuncture for a while but it did nothing and at $100 a pop she couldn’t keep that up.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

oh, wow!! $100 a treatment and with no real result it would not be possible to continue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15