Shingles

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  VEROSEDEJEAN 2 years, 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 1244 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

The latest complaint I have developed is’ Shingles’.
    I do think its a very mild case as I don’t have various symptoms that I read about. The doctor said it was caused by stress.
    Maybe that’s the stress from my recent hip operation?I was not aware I was stressed, but who knows what our body’s decide to act up on.
    Anyone else on greypath had this complaint?

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hello bettyh Vic I’m sorry to read of your health issue – stress can be so underlying – we might not feel as though we are worried about something but the inside of us does and hello, we are stressed – not good 🙁

have you considered acupuncture for the shingles – I worked for a naturopath – she treated a number of people who were helped in their recovering from the shingles

best wishes 🙂

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Yes can be very painful(depending where it strikes) and may return later on (second time not as bad). Seems to be related to having chickenpox as a child. Mine was definitely stress related.

Jennywren-vic
    Jennywren-vic
    Participant

I believe you cannot ‘catch’ shingles.  They are a leftover from having chicken pox in earlier years.  The virus lingers in your body.  However if you have never had chicken pox you can catch it from being in contact with someone with shingles.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Oh Bettyh, my mum went through agony with shingles. My fingers and toes are crossed that your case remains mild. All the best.

Dusty WA
    Dusty WA
    Participant

Aww! not nice Betty,I feel for you and I hope it remains mild

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

bettyh Vic, I’ve been thinking of you today and wondered how you are going with the shingles? I certainly hope that you have got some relief from the pain and discomfort 🙂

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Hi everyone, Yes the Shingles seem to have stayed fairly mild,the symptoms I had in the beginning were just really really itchy skin over the small rash area . I thought I had been bitten by something, so didn’t bother going to doctor, it was when I went to the Sun Spot clinic for a few zaps on some spots,that the Dr there said, that looks like Shingles to me.

Typical, that when I rang the Dr he was off for the week, then I rang on the Monday he was off sick for that day { seems he got a touch of Gastro after his week away.
    I said I won’t have any thing wrong with me by the time I get to see him. So I have been lucky no pain to speak of, but funny stabs on my side at times,[Thats the nerves] and just the skin became very painful to touch. The rash has now almost faded and I got by with no Antibiotics tablets The Dr said if I do need to take anything have a Panadol But I have been lucky so far nothing needed.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hi bettyh Vic – it is good to read your post re the shingles you had to deal with – you sound like you were a fortunate patient with not too much to cope with – the nerve pains would not be nice but at least they are a passing thing (although they do return!)

wishing you good health – cheers 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15