Speed &Fines

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jay 3 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 396 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

A son just did a car trip to SA.On his return he said-I was fined for doing 135Km in a 100 zone was pulled up and fined over $9oo dollars .Wow Wee thats some fine but serve  him right.

–  He blamed the new car!!! yes it was a  brand new car- but!!!

williamthebold
    Participant

In the ‘old days’, you had to get out and push to make a vehicle go faster.
    These days, motor vehicles are relatively ‘high performance’ and need little incentive.
    Now it is not so easy for a driver to maintain a modest speed.
    We really need an easy way to limit speed, but built in to the vehicle itself.
    Something clear and easy for the driver to operate.
    In the 21st century, is that too much to expect?
    I think this farce, of having people ‘hide around corners’ to see if someone else is driving a bit faster that he is supposed to, has got to stop.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

I thought all new cars had built-in cruise control these days, and for a while now. Good idea to use it if you have it.

jackSprat
    jackSprat
    Participant

In our culture would an automatic override of a driver’s actions be acceptable at present? I suspect it will come to pass in the future; certainly the technology is already available.

I have to laugh when I hear drivers complaining about speed cameras, etc. They’re just “revenue raisers” is the most common complaint.

Cruise control is very useful.

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

Yep Jen, Cruise control is on all new cars, no excuse for speeding.
    If you don’t like to use C/Control then DON’t press the Accelerator
    so hard!

williamthebold
    Participant

True but…………
    I would need to be a Rhodes Scholar to operate the one in my vehicle.
    Also, it doesn’t always do what I think it is supposed to do.
    I think it is badly designed.
    It should be simple, effective, and easy to operate.
    That is my point.
    Then the young man at the beginning of this post would not be in trouble.
    In fact, none would ever be………

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

WOW he certainly got what he deserved – I have no pity for drivers who exceed the speed limit.
    the cruise control on my car was added some years ago and it is wonderful for driving long distances; it died on Melbourne Cup Day so on my recent trip west my right leg/knee didn’t like the amount of use it got!!
    replacement is on the ‘to do’ list 🙂

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

135 on any road is ridiculous, ok on a race track where every car is going in the same direction, but a definite offence and a possible murder weapon

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Just recently in a head on collision an entire family were killed,  father,  mother and two young children,  The were doing the right thing of course,  but the driver of the car which hit them was a several times convicted of speeding,  was a drug addict on his way home from a methadone clinic and he also had convictions for drink driving.     he should have been gaoled,  and if seen in any car he should have been pulled over and car taken from him.  Instead he was allowed to go one in his own way and estimated to be driving at about 140 at the time of the crash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15