Sponge

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by didi - VIC didi – VIC 1 year, 11 months ago. This post has been viewed 1181 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)
  • Author

tivolidreamer
    Participant

An old tip but a good one.When making a sponge and it says to use milk ignore it. You get a much lighter sponge if you use water.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

well, tivolidreamer I MUST remember that when I make my next sponge which …. I could do I suppose if I knew a fail-safe recipe and it came freshly filled with REAL cream and sufficient passionfruit icing to actually get the taste 🙂

tivolidreamer
    Participant

Sounds good to me. I will post my recipe if you like.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

tivolidreamer thank you for your offer of a fail-safe sponge recipe – I was saying my comment ‘tongue in cheek’ 🙂
    BUT having said that, if you CAN supply one, I’ll await such and who knows there may be some budding cooks amongst us GPers!!!

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

No. Just post me the cake…………..

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

now abirdo that IS talking sense 🙂

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

tivolidreamer, I hope you’re practising your sponge making as my birthday is looming up – well, isn’t that what we have for a birthday cake a well-filled cream with passionfruit icing? 🙂

tivolidreamer
    Participant

Ok and love passon fruit icing.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Ooh no one offered to bake me a sponge cake for my birthday, Sponges I don’t remember if I have ever made one. But love to eat them.  Dream on Betty.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15