Sri Lanka

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Tulip Tulip 3 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 282 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Over 230 dead,  400+ injured,  why?  the sri lankans who had left their country to go to Syria and fight for isis were allowed back into sri lanka are favourites for those bombings.  the greens want to allow those from here who went to fight for isis back into this country.  typical greens,  anything to destroy what we have,   and a labor government if elected will be lead by the nose by the greens,  vote whichever way you want,  but be prepared to face the problems that the greens will cause

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Apparently the authorities were warned a attack was planned and the Sri Lanka n’s ignored it Why?? that needs looking into, These days any such information in  any country needs acting on immediately  not ignored .

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

betty,  the majority of sri lankans are hindu,  the next (only slightly less in number are muslim,  both hate christians)  in my opinion that is why the warnings were ignored,  the problem is with attacking the hotels is that  they have considerably damaged their tourist industry

williamthebold
    Participant

As I have said before, humans are warlike creatures.
    They gather in to groups, and find any reason at all to fight each other.
    I have always wondered how they do this with their heads buried in the sand.
    Will intelligent thought and planning ever replace thoughtless action?

penguinpete
    penguinpete
    Participant

Sorry to disagree with you, Mal, but the vast majority of Sri Lankans are Buddhist. There are a small number of Christians, and very few Muslims. Those most likely to be anti-Christian are the Tamil Tigers, who are a terrorist minority, and are mostly of the Hindu religion. Let’s just wait and see who is to blame before slagging off the Muslims.

Salina
    Participant

Penguinpete, I believe you ae correct re percentage of Muslims etc.   However, one must ask which group stared this awful trend of suicide bombings?

We didn’t hear of this type of horrific murder until a few years ago. Copycats in all types of murder are just as lethal.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

However, one must ask which group started this awful trend of suicide bombings?

Good question Salina. From what I found …

• The 1st Century AD Jewish Sicarii sect are thought to have carried out suicidal attacks against Hellenized Jews they considered immoral collaborators. The Hashishiyeen (Assassins) sect of Ismaili Shi’a Muslims assassinated two caliphs, and many viziers, sultans and Crusader leaders over the course of 300 years, before being annihilated by Mongol invaders.

• The earliest known non-military suicide attack occurred in Murchison in New Zealand on 14 July 1905. A long-standing dispute between two farmers resulted in a court case, and the defendant (Joseph Sewell) had sticks of gelignite strapped to his body.

• While there were few, if any, successful suicide attacks anywhere in the world from the end of World War II until 1980, between 1981 and September 2015, a total of 4,814 suicide attacks occurred in over 40 countries, killing over 45,000 people. During this time the global rate of such attacks grew from an average of three a year in the 1980s, to about one a month in the 1990s, to almost one a week from 2001 to 2003, to approximately one a day from 2003 to 2015.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

I notice in today’s Australian, Islamic State is claiming responsibility for the Sri Lanka tragrdy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15