State Politicians

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 175 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

This  mornings papers had an article  re the crude, rude, and disgusting  language our Vic State pollies are using. Teachers are advised about the language so they may not want to take school children   into the visitors gallery where they are likely to hear these words in use.

I think it appalling that our politicians would be so crude and rude, they are grown men making decisions that effect us all and to sink to such low levels in their talk is a disgrace

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic.

williamthebold
    Participant

I agree.
    Politicians are our eyes, ears, and voice in parliament.
    It reflects badly on us when our elected representatives behave in this way.
    Public opinion can be effective in changing their adverse ways, but the only real control we have over them is through the ballot box.
    It is clear they are not cognisant of the fallout from their crude speech.
    How do we wake them up?
    Simply tell them? Would they listen?

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

William the Bold no way would they listen, they know better than the public  they think. The only time they tend to care what we think is if elections are due!!

williamthebold
    Participant

Not all of them?
    I think it is mostly the ‘leaders’ who demonstrate such cavalier conduct.
    It is the ‘leaders’ we hear giving these voluble responses in parliament.
    So all is not lost bettyh, but it sure could do with some improvement.

Salina
    Participant

It’s easy to lump all politicians together , but the majority are working quietly in the background and don’t necessarily participate in the theatre of Question Time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15