Technology is amazing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 6 days, 6 hours ago. This post has been viewed 91 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bettym
    bettym
    Participant

If our pioneers could see and hear all that goes on these days they would be unable to believe it or even understand it.
    I have trouble understanding it sometimes myself, but what has really amazed me this week is being able to see and hear a son and his family in America, we can see every movement he does as well as hearing all the news of what they are up to.
    They are there on business and when you think of the distance between the countries it really is incredible that we can see and hear them immediately they speak and move.
    What will the future hold for us all in say just 10 yrs, its almost impossible to visualize

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Well I don’t think it will ever be a case of ‘Beam me up Scotty’!! However there has been so much ‘advancement’ in the past 100years that the future is impossible to predict. I am inclined to think the totally test-tube babies of Huxley’s ‘Brave New World’ will eventually happen in the end and may be the only way that the human race will survive. Somehow the evil traits that still exist will need to be eliminated for it to do so.
    Some of those early science fiction writers (Huxley,Orwell, H G Wells, Jules Verne etc) did get so much right. None like them today.

Salina
    Participant

Medical technology has advanced massively.

My mother and my oldest sister both died in their seventies, but these days , we’re being kept alive longer as medicine makes great strides in medication, prosthetics, and more and more knowledge of what ails us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15