That U.N.Speech

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Zorro Zorro 11 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 374 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Looks like not many UN delegates were interested in hearing the Prime Minister of Australia  addressing them yesterday the huge auditorium was half empty.

johnvic
    Participant

I accidentally watched some of it; embarrassing. With all that’s going on here in Australia and over seas the best he could come up with was a success story of one individual refugee. I didn’t watch the whole speech but that was more than enough for me, I turned it off. Can we ban our PM and would be PM from ever giving speeches again.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I  tend to think nothing much has changed re politicians and parliament.

I can remember when I was in my teens     Mmm   maybe in the fifties, I would come in to the house, my mother would be doing the ironing whilst listening to parliament it used to be broadcast on the radio frequently, she would be shouting out loud ‘LIAR LIAR’ who to or for what I don’t recall.

I just said yuck and walked outside, I dont think we shout Liar Liar any more but  possibly think it?

Zorro
    Zorro
    Participant

Dear Betty Vic
    :Heard this by chance on the box. The speaker Kinky Friedman is an American and was addressing the Canberra Press Club.and in reply to a question as to his thoughts on ‘pollies & politics’ in general had this to say.

Poly means ‘Many’.  ‘Ticks’ ticks are blood sucking parasites. One definition worth bearing in mind, eh .

best regards, Zorro.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Zorro Zorro.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15