The First Man

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by abirdo abirdo 2 weeks, 4 days ago. This post has been viewed 57 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

I don’t often see an American movie but this one about Neil Armstrong was an exception. I thought it very well done and it showed the pressure not only on the astronauts but also their families.
    It was made with the collaboration of his 2 sons who thought it a true representation. It showed the early Gemini flights and how the astronauts were literally squeezed into the tiny allowance of space – not for claustrophobics! The training was horrific in the simulations of being tossed around in all directions. I guess the actual moon landing with Apollo 11 were taken from the real thing.
    The only thing spoiling the film a little was the excessive noise which would not have really been all the time.
    Its hard to come to grips with the fact that all this happened nearly 50 years ago.

williamthebold
    Participant

And we older ones remember the moon landing so well.
    I am sure we all know where we were when that was happening.
    Good memories of a great endeavour by those who were brave.
    Or perhaps foolhardy.
    Either way, they did it. They were trail-blazers.
    We have benefitted from the spin-offs too.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Can remember that day so vividly. We all watched it at the school I was teaching at. Have even kept the newspaper that reported it. Amazing day.

Salina
    Participant

Others who usually don’t especially like American films, have said the same.   A very good film.  I’ll wait till it’s on DVD and buy it then.

I remember watching it on tv with my Mum.   The grainy old black and white film made it seem even more surreal.   What a great achievement.  Nowadays we don’t give a second thought to everything man made, floating around in space.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

The things floating around in space are another story though. It will become an increasing problem with all the left over junk up there!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15