The Iowa Democratic Debate

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  williamthebold 1 month, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 88 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

williamthebold
    Participant

I read about this at the local ABC news site.
    It details the ‘exchange’ between senators Sanders and Warren. (in the usa)

…..That exchange lasted only a few minutes, but after the debate was over, Senator Warren approached Senator Sanders, who proffered his hand for her to shake.
    Instead, she confronted him, and the two talked briefly in tense tones.
    Neither campaign would confirm what was said Tuesday night, but CNN released the audio earlier today.

Senator Warren: “I think you called me a liar on national TV.”

Senator Sanders: “What?”

Senator Warren: “I think you called me a liar on national TV.”

Senator Sanders: “You know, let’s not do it right now. If you want to have that discussion, we’ll have that discussion.”

Senator Warren: “Anytime.”

Senator Sanders: “You called me a liar. You told me … alright, let’s not do it now.”

The exchange was interrupted by fellow candidate and environmentalist Tom Steyer, who was standing behind the two.
    Senator Steyer said: “I don’t want to get in the middle. I just want to say ‘hi’ to Bernie.”…..

I am trusting that the exchange was faithfully reproduced in print.
    My comment? It shows senator warren is very poor leadership material.
    She engineered that final exchange, and made it seem like a school-yard confrontation.
    Not to be expected from supposedly resolute and stable leadership candidates.
    They should demonstrate being above personal insults.
    In this case I think Bernie showed the greater reserve and hence the greater potential?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15