Those Blue Trees

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by abirdo abirdo 2 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 197 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

The current campaign to draw attention to mental health issues by painting trees bright blue can have the added benefit of lifting spirits with a cheery splash of colour.

Grey skies have long been recognised as a cause for the lowering of spirits.

I have written before about the obsession in recent years to paint buildings grey, to have grey cars, grey carpets, grey furnishings and so on.

In this grey world is it any wonder that people struggle with depression?

williamthebold
    Participant

White, though strictly speaking not a colour, is also beneficial.
    I remember reading that having people sit in all white rooms, with all white furniture, and all white floor covering and so on, is a form of therapy.
    They would probably be given all white ‘coveralls’ to wear as well?
    Those who might be ‘lower in spirits’ than those around them apparently benefit from doing this.
    I have never understood why some people like red ceilings with black walls.
    Paired with dull furniture. (I have known such people)
    The combination is dingy, almost horrible and definitely depressing.
    So ‘pastels’ splashed here and there seem like a good way to go.
    I hope the trees don’t mind.
    I wonder if it wouldn’t serve just as well to have posts or panels in suitable colours, placed strategically for maximum effect?

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Well the trees used are dead of course but come to life with the colour added.

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

I can not understand this  obsession with grey/ black  for houses /fences etc, was really surprised when in Hobart last week, lots of new houses with black roofs ? even our relatives didn’t know why this should be so. But no blue trees.

I have written before about colour for our houses, we have a huge number of homes along our  coastal areas why not lovely bright colours like  you see oversea’s The Greek islands and Italian coastal areas always look terrific as cameras scan past with all their white and coloured homes.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

You just can’t tell people/manufacturers how dreary it all is Betty.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15