Those were the days.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by didi - VIC didi – VIC 4 years, 1 month ago. This post has been viewed 680 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Here is a local history story about the area of NSW that I grew up in :

https://lookingbackwithmickroberts.wordpress.com/2015/04/03/a-weeks-holiday-in-bulli-for-3/

The main reason for posting it is to show the photo at the top.Can you imagine a major lookout like this one today without proper handrails and fences.I had never heard of people falling from there,but I had heard of horse buggies overturning when coming down the pass.It must have been hard for the horses.

Also,take note of the last paragraph.Oh for the days when you could have a weeks holiday for 3 pound,eh.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

slapsy, thankyou for sharing this document with a lot of history contained therein.

I think that there are other GPers who have lived and/or do live in the area; it would be good if they saw your post.

Cheers – ๐Ÿ™‚

Dusty WA
    Dusty WA
    Participant

A good post Slapsy You did it good as my grandkid says,he is 3, and wants to know all about everything ,and he is quick to tell me you did it good gran-nan

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Dusty WAย what a precious little man you have in your family – the sayings of such are so adorable ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15