Trigger Finger

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Abbey NSW Abbey NSW 1 month, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 106 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Tulip mentioned this in regard to IT workers. There are many ways of acquiring this annoying condition and the operation will only help if the activities which caused it are not carried on again! My neighbour had claw like hands in the end because he carried on with his gardening and so on after his op. I’ve had one trigger finger for 15 years caused by over zealous weeding in an attempt to avoid using herbicides in my early years here. I don’t need to do so much of this now as the weeds are under control (the garden is full of self-sown annuals in the winter instead).
    Anyway I won’t have the op and I found a very useful site on the web giving helpful exercises instead.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Strawberry pickers who have acquired the very painful condition of Trigger Finger, must be really upset about the needle in the Strawberries, as they are particularly vulnerable.

Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

I have a condition where my little finger on each hand curls and won’t straighten, even with force. It isn’t trigger finger, because I believe that is when the just finger flicks back.  Mine doesn’t , mine stays bent.  It is called Duputryns Contracture and is caused by a build up of collagen lumps along the cords in the palm of the hand that make the fingers open and close.  I have had a op on each hand, to do with my little fingers, but now there is a build up level with my index fingers but so far those fingers are still working normally. PS it is also called Viking Disease, if anyone has heard of that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15