Using Copy 'n Paste in Greypath

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Tech Support Using Copy 'n Paste in Greypath

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jen Jen 2 years, 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 932 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Two ways to copy and paste into Greypath

Note: Copy ’n pasting direct into the Greypath Visual input box results in all the ‘gobbledegook’ formatting code showing around your text.

Solution 1 ~ Convert or save the copied material as a plain text file on your computer > then copy ’n paste into the Greypath Visual input box.

Solution 2 ~ Paste the copied material direct into the Greypath Text input box … it converts it to plain text … then switch to Visual tab to format.

Adding Formatting ~ You can then use the Greypath Visual input box Toolbar to add basic styles, lists, links and images.

Creating plain text files ~ Use Notepad (Win), TextEdit (Mac). Microsoft Word and other word processing programs allows you to save files as plain text with the .txt extension as well. From the File menu, select Save As. At the bottom of the Save As dialog box, select Plain text (*.txt) from the Save as type… drop-down list.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Here’s a picture of the Greypath input box I see … showing the two top tabs for Visual or Text input (when doing Copy ‘n Paste).

• Visual = Text + ‘gobbledegook”
    • Text = Just text only.

🙂 Click on whichever input Tab you want.

I usually:

1. Paste into the Text input box.
    2. Then click the Visual tab.
    3. Then highlight parts of text to add any formatting I want e.g. Bold or Italic.
    4. Then click Submit.

Anonymous

Thank you Jen.Hopefully I can remember that.

What would we do without you,eh.

Rainee
    Rainee
    Participant

Dearry me this is what I need to learn to do so bad… sorry folks for my  failing posts often ..

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Hi Rainee … don’t worry about it. 🙂 Your posts aren’t failing … we can read your posts OK and they’re great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15