Virtual Reality

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by abirdo abirdo 3 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 147 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jackSprat
    jackSprat
    Participant

On a visit to Melbourne’s National (?) Gallery of Victoria recently¬† to visit their Triennial Exhibition I found an area devoted to a virtual reality work. Where you cover your eyes with a phone-sized display and use a handheld device to navigate around.

First time for me in trying VR out. The “place” was an enormous sailing ship. You could run up and down decks, stairways and explore rooms.

It was OK for about 5 minutes and then I felt nauseated. I guess like motion sickness.

Has anyone else tried VR? And what were their experiences? I would be interested in finding out whether motion sickness was experienced.

I see that VR is being researched and used as a way of helping disabled people.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

I would certainly try it if ever the opportunity arose here. NOTHING to do with the sea or windy roads though as I can feel seasick just watching a movie involving those. Likewise vertigo if looking down from a building!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15