We can’t turn a blind eye to turbine truths

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Senate We can’t turn a blind eye to turbine truths

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  williamthebold 1 month, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 270 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

“”An autopsy found the juvenile eagle had been struck by a wind turbine blade and fallen to the ground where it died over several days from starvation or lack of water.””

link

I have no words.

williamthebold
    Participant

It is regrettable; it is unfortunate; but it happens.
    We must get it in to perspective though, however hard this might be.
    As man changes some aspects of the world around him to his advantage, damage to plant and animal life will inevitably occur.
    But our own survival makes it necessary to make changes.
    We don’t like to think of a bird, even a bird of prey, lying helpless and possibly in pain.
    But are we always so concerned about wildlife?
    When a flock of birds disables the jet engines on an aeroplane, and causes an emergency, do we think about the birds?
    We are more likely to pay attention to the passengers. They are our first priority.
    In many other ways, and at many other times, we destroy wildlife.
    When a relevant authority ‘back burns’ bushland to make firebreaks, I am quite sure many small animals die.
    But still we do it. It is necessary.
    We need motor vehicles, but ‘road kill’ will happen, and is something we must live with and accept.
    I think it is the thought of an animal being alone and distressed that triggers our feelings of anguish.
    We should be thankful we have feelings, even if sometimes they are not pleasant ones.
    Some people are psychopathic, and without normal sympathies.
    I could add that some animals catch their prey and eat it alive. A gruesome thought? But we won’t dwell on that.
    Nor will I dwell on the poisonous spiders and other insects we kill with great deliberation.
    We must come to accept the harsh reality that man must make changes to survive, and that making those changes WILL cause unavoidable damage.
    All we can do is to plan well, in order to minimise the ‘detrimental repercussions’ that might result from what we do.

williamthebold
    Participant

williamthebold
    Participant

In the light of all the above:-
    We need to have a balanced view.
    Not take one incident in isolation.
    Just one piece doesn’t represent a whole.
    We need a broader picture, so we can see the relevant importance of each piece it contains.
    Combine this with our personal feelings and knowledge, and see where that takes us.
    What do you think about mice running around near your feet?
    Will you put down extra cheese to make them happy?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15