Website thinktank

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by jackSprat jackSprat 4 months ago. This post has been viewed 285 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

This was the title of of the small newspaper cutting, which I found in an unusual “Tidyup,”
    The date 2004 ,the article referred to Greypath,a popular seniors website, has initiated an online seniors thinktank on ageing issues.
    So I’m wondering is this when Greypath forum began? I guess Mr Ray Lewis (or maybe Jack Spratt) are able to tell us!

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Doesn’t anyone know when Grey path forum first started, not even Ray or Jack?!

Dusty WA
    Dusty WA
    Participant

I could be wrong Tulip, but I have it in my ancient scull that I joined Greypath at the end of 2002 or early 2003

jackSprat
    jackSprat
    Participant

Hi Tulip,

I think Dusty is correct and that 2002 or 2003 is the time that Greypath first started providing a means by which seniors could express their views. Ray would know for sure of course.

Greypath itself kicked off in 2000 according to the “About” page on this website.

I started with Greypath around 2005 I think and there was something already in place. We introduced a content management system soon after that enabled us to try a lot more things. Coffee Shop, Senate (from the start) and various other forums on what we thought were useful  and helpful general topics.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Thanks Jack for your reply, together with the newspaper cutting that by 2004 Greypath would have been well established.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I wrote a reply to this, but as happens every so often to me it has disappeared.

Yes Greypath started in  2000 and  it became the worlds top site for seniors and had many many interesting areas, but as other senior sites started to appear ,the appeal for what was offered on Greypath started to wane and it was gradually cut down to the few areas left you see today, and of course then Facebook appeared plus other similar  very popular sites, so greypath is just hanging in there these days.

I think Ray must sometimes wonder  if he should close it down.

I joined Greypath very early on, but only ever looked, it took quite some time for me to start  writing posts, oh what can   I write that  people wont think silly but as years go by you start to think who cares. if they think I have written something silly.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

I don’t know how valid this is, but today going through some old diaries, I came upon this one from 30 December 1998,re Greypath.
    http://www.greypath.com/portal/Think Tank? T Tindex.I’m unsure whether these next three letters are htm ntm?!

jackSprat
    jackSprat
    Participant

Probably “htm”. Back then the site was hand-coded in HTML. Well… maybe not hand-coded, but close enough.  A lot of work put in by Ray back then.

A dozen or more online courses at the Greypath Lyceum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15