What 'Headlines' is about

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Tedwalker Tedwalker 6 months ago. This post has been viewed 325 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John guest
    Participant

Folks, it has been suggested that (as a change from our Senate forum)  a new discussion form named ‘Headlines’ would help some people to get in to the swing of posting. All you have to do is mention a newspaper or other  headline you think is of interest, and see what others have to say!

Give it a go!

Salina
    Participant

What a great idea.  I agree/think the Senate had reached it’s use by date.

Many of my posts emerge from reading news reports.  It’s a pity that the main newspapers are now behind paywalls.   I asked Newscorp if it’s ok to post articles from their sources and was told it’s fine as long as the link is acknowledged.   So where I feel it necessary, I will post articles or parts thereof.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Thanks Ray … sad that headlines are “here today, gone tomorrow” in today’s online news churn … when I think so many are worthy of closer inspection.

I do like the very end of the ABC news online which gives a snapshot of what’s popular over time, helps give a little perspective IMO.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/

I like Google news too, where you can see what the headlines are, depending upon the country of origin (an option on the lower left of the page). Interesting to see what is important around the globe and where. Again helps give a more balanced/global perspective IMO.

https://news.google.com/?tab=wn&hl=en-AU&gl=AU&ceid=AU:en

Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

Good idea Ray, although some of the front page newspaper headlines are weak puns, designed to get attention.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15