Where is everyone??

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by abirdo abirdo 3 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 191 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

The  people writing on greypath seem to be few and far between these days,If its dying off because of other sites etc, Ray might close it down -Pity- I for one don’t have the time to trawl through other sites.

Dusty WA
    Dusty WA
    Participant

Well said Bettyh ,and I am as guilty as the next one .I will try to be better behaved from here on

williamthebold
    Participant

We just need more people.
    Then even if half of them were taking an extended holiday, the remainder would be on hand to provide ample input to the site.

To put it another way: the more there are, the merrier we will be.
    Alternatively, the way a friend of mine used to put it:
    ‘it ain’t much fun, sitting on your bu*, all alone in the moonlight’

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

for whatever reason I was wide awake at 5.30am today (Wednesday) – to fill in my waking hours (before returning to get some more shuteye) I’ve put the dishwasher on, handwashed non-dishwasher items, checked emails (none), had a cuppa tea and dry bikkies and surfed the net for an hour or so.

Salina
    Participant

Bettyh, I asked a similar question a while ago, though at the time was more focused on a particular member who has been a constant here for many years, and hasn’t posted for a couple of weeks.

Social media has taken over from forums such as this for sure.   But I for one have not joined any of them except Facebook, which was only under pressure from the family.   I don’t go on there very much at all. Maybe have a look once a week .

I like the format here at Greypath, and like others, would love to see some new people join.   There seem to be a few guests who look in on the chat site,   Would be good if they came right in and joined the forums.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

As a good number of you know greypath was a huge exciting  site when it first started , gradually it has been reduced down as the various sections did not receive the use they had done at first, then along came facebook. and other forums, so whittling way down, people who had been interested in greypath  .

Also it is surprising to realize quite a few people do not have computers, the few that I know who haven’t,  say they can’t be bothered with them and get their family to  do anything important, that  has to be done re the computer.  Likewise mobile phones  are not used by some folk.

I don’t use   chat, facebook, or other sites, the little I do write here is enough for me and possibly others as well?, maybe some of  you say oh   not that bettyh again when it seems I have been the only one posting anything  for days!! So come on we need some new folk as well as our regulars to keep posting some good  stuff.!!!

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Yes I love the simplicity of this site. Although I am on Facebook it is purely to gain info from a few Natural History and Dog sites.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15