WordPress

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Abbey NSW Abbey NSW 8 months ago. This post has been viewed 226 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

I looked at the dashboard and saw WordPress. Had a bit of a read and downloaded the zip file. However, it appears in order to use it, one has to upload it to their website. Isn’t there a way to create and work on website content on one’s laptop before getting it hosted?

Anonymous

Hi Abbey .. I too would be keen to find out more also.

It does appear to me to be primarily about website management and seemingly nothing points to it being a “standalone” programme.

That’s only my impression .. happy to hear from those in the know too as it obviously has attracted some attention in the past.

I have no intentions of hosting a website though .. not my cup-of-tea !

Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

I just thought I would like to have a go to see if I could do it, before having to pay for hosting

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

If you have Microsoft Word you could try doing a mock up document in it and then use the ‘Save as web page’ command from the file menu. Open up the resulting file in your browser to see how it looks.

Alternatively do a Google search for web editing programs. Some allow a free trial for you to try, e.g. WYSIWYG Web Builder at http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

You can also search for sites like Blogger which allow you to upload directly. There’s lots of info on the site and videos to watch (scroll down to menu at the bottom of the page). Good places to get ideas.

https://www.blogger.com

Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

Sounds like some good ideas.  Thank you so much. I will give these a try.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15