Yuck Football

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 212 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I have said several times I am no football fan,  so thank goodness the grand final is almost here,I am sick of the football news, early in the morning ,then at night on the supposedly world news its football again, oh so and so can’t play because he hurt his finger or foot, come on thats not world news, its just sport and men running around a ground kicking a ball.

Some of the announcers carry on as if its world war three starting.

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

Hey BettyH; Just think you’ll be able to follow the cricket, for the next six months. The Aussies are playing in India! YEEEEH 🙂

jay
    Participant

when’s the Ashes JJS ?

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

JAY
    The 2017–18 Ashes series is a forthcoming series of Test cricket matches to be contested between England and Australia for The Ashes. The series will be played at five venues across Australia between 23 November 2017 and 8 January 2018.

Salina
    Participant

Although, not as passionate these days, I’ve followed one team since I was a child. Back in the days before it became a television spectacle, we used to sit around the kitchen table and listen on the radio. It was so exciting! We lived not far from our beloved teams’ home ground, and along with my sister, we would pack sandwiches and a thermos, and go to the ground, and swoon over our heroes.
    It was a lot of fun, and such a great game to watch close up. It was in the days before security was needed, and the fans could rush out on to the field after the match finished, and mingle with the players.
    So different today, like so many other things from our youthful days.
    I still follow my team and love their history.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Salina.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Salina.

jay
    Participant

Thanks JJS

Can’t wait. The last few Ashes have been good. No longer one-sided contests.

Was bpring when the Aussies were winning and got even more so when they had a few arrogant players on their team. These days its only David Warner than annoys the h3ll out of me

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

A holiday for the football Grand Final!! they joke?  next they will be calling for a holiday for the Cricket as we do a play off, then there’s the  Rugby,tennis, swimming championships ,  so all that are interested can attend.

Who needs to work, blow that, but no more complaining about not being able to pay the bills.

Salina
    Participant

A joke indeed Bettyh.
    Pathetic, vote grabbing nonsense.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15