I may well be getting old and cranky, but here are a few things I’d like to see.
1. The death penalty returned for certain heinous crimes
2. A freight and passenger railway line all the way around Australia’s coastline
3. Drug dealers who supply drugs associated with a death, to be charged with manslaughter
4. Citizenship potentially revocable for first and second generation migrants
5. A fair and compassionate work for the dole system enforced. If you can only work one day or other a week, them that’s fine. (Have we run out of things to do)?
6. Keeping the use of the word ‘hero’ for real heroes. Don’t continue to dilute what it means.
7. A press that tells us the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
8. A nationally, bi party agreed ‘ Vision Splendid’ for us for the rest of this century.
9. A non obfuscated, itemised, national climate change policy
I could go on, but would be interested on what we greypather’s feel about the above and any ideas you may have on your wishlist?