This is the new Greypath which is much more amenable to later browser versions, tablets, many I phones and some android phones. [This is the third rebuild since 2000]. TO JOIN GREYPATH click on the Site Manager tab on this page. If you run in to trouble, mail email@example.com
Maybe its me, maybe it’s the Covid stuff, but I would really like to see a few changes in our Television ways.
- Far less dumb TV discussion, and at length, about footballer's, who are ‘unknown to me’, minor injuries, (especially ACL’s)!!
- A simple nightly TV Covid update rather than a 15 minute event.
- Far less really dumb ads on TV, where the term ‘video vampires’ has been forgotten (e.g where the video graphics are all consuming and the product they are trying the sell, lost in the hype.
- Someone spell checking the flowing text under the news. Nightly errors are a pain. (Although we now treat such as a game).
- Less on Donald Trump’s personality on show for all, as he rants against all and sundry.
- Too many good shows coming on free to air TV after 8.30PM
- Someone tell me how I got to be 84 so quick!
I would welcome other seniors views on what is giving you the ‘irrits’
Technology has come a long way recently, as we seniors know.
One such most valued innovation is teleconferencing, so as to keep us in touch with others. Recently we, as a family, have been having a monthly zoom conference, so we can all see and hear each other in fairly natural way despite our varying locations . Zoom and similar such as Skype and other such applications, can be a great isolation 'reducer' for many. It's quite straight forward to use once you can find someone to give you a hand to get set up!
Here's a link to help you get the feel of what its all about.
That virus consumes our news and our day to day awareness.
My wife and I have found a daily routine that seems to meet the rules (?) . This one, no doubt, the mental health rule. Such may change.
We do a couple of hours work at home, then go out and buy two take away cups of coffee, then transit to the local beach, and stay in our car enjoying the peaceful view and more. Then its home, a different way each time..
This morning, while parked at the beach, I was rewarded by having this Rainbow Lorikeet tasting Banksia nectar close to my ear!
Let's know how are you filling in your time?
The Council of the Ageing in Australia (COTA) are very helpful and recently took this one page ad out, in local newspapers to let us know of various freebies for seniors.
The ad covered seniors benefits through: no interest loan schemes, legal advice, public transport, libraries and community centres, fitness programmes, local council services, funeral assistance, motor registration discounts, and seniors cards.
If you wish to know more, or cant read the fine script here, you can contact COTA via Phone: 02 6154 9740 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I may well be getting old and cranky, but here are a few things I'd like to see.
1. The death penalty returned for certain heinous crimes
2. A freight and passenger railway line all the way around Australia's coastline
3. Drug dealers who supply drugs associated with a death, to be charged with manslaughter
4. Citizenship potentially revocable for first and second generation migrants
5. A fair and compassionate work for the dole system enforced. If you can only work one day or other a week, them that's fine. (Have we run out of things to do)?
6. Keeping the use of the word 'hero' for real heroes. Don't continue to dilute what it means.
7. A press that tells us the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
8. A nationally, bi party agreed ' Vision Splendid' for us for the rest of this century.
9. A non obfuscated, itemised, national climate change policy
I could go on, but would be interested on what we greypather's feel about the above and any ideas you may have on your wishlist?