Animal Love

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Salina. This post has been viewed 244 times
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Salina
    Participant

Tilly the playful pup is fighting fit after being cured of a potentially deadly brain disease.
    When the 14-month-old stopped walking straight owner Bernadette Ferrie knew her best friend was in trouble.
    “It was really distressing seeing her unwell,” Ms Ferrie said.
    “I knew I had to do everything I could to help her when I noticed she couldn’t walk straight.
    “I don’t have children, so she is like my fur baby.

Ms Ferrie was determined to aid her furry companion back to full health.
    But suffering from chronic pain and on a disability pension, Ms Ferrie was left worried the hefty surgery bills would leave her unable to help Tilly.
    “Lort Smith don’t offer the surgery she needed and the RSPCA would only treat her for a lower cost if I gave her up — and I could never part with her,” Ms Ferrie said.

“Combined with food and my other expenses, I wouldn’t have been able to afford Tilly’s surgery on short notice.”

Weeks of research and referrals led Ms Ferrie to Pet Medical Crisis, a not-for-profit organisation which supports struggling pet owners and their injured or ill pets.
    Pet Medical Crisis spokesman Vegas Fitzmaurice said the organisation was set up to help pet owners who are strained financially with pet related bills or expenses.
    “Our job is to maintain the mental stability of owners of pets and ensure the pet is back to full health,” Mr Fitzmaurice said.

Aided by PMC, the Australian silky terrier is cured and the playful pup is back to keeping her owner Bernadette company.
    https://petmedicalcrisis.com.au/

Tilly the dog. Picture: Nicki Connolly

Melb Herald Sun

(Look at that face :))

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15