Gem’s from my childhood

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Dusty WADusty WA. This post has been viewed 170 times
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dusty WADusty WA
    Participant

Me aged three, living in the Mallee ,I had a gift. given by a friend, a small suitcase ,I carried it everywhere ,\.Tetinus (spelling ?)was around the place at the time and all were talking about the cases .Any time I was asked what was in the case, I answered “It’s a case of Tetinus”.much to the adults amusement

BeatriceBeatrice
    Participant

Dusty you have reminded me of an incident of when I was very young, my father was a Scotsman and I can remember standing in my cot asking for my whisky bot bot.

Dusty WADusty WA
    Participant

Glad I stirred up a memory for you Beatrice.does you good to think happy

BeatriceBeatrice
    Participant

It certainly does Dusty.

RachelRachel
    Participant

What would we do without our memories. I often wonder what todays youngsters will be recalling in about 50 years besides the year of 2020.
    Despite not having a lot of money or possessions I still reckon our childhood was great as was my Mums from what she told me and my children’s. Since about the 1990’s it all seems to have changed. Well to me it has.
    Stay safe and well over there Beatrice

Dusty WADusty WA
    Participant

I agree Rachel, even though we had  nothing ,we had everything we needed , We had freedom without fear ,we made our own amusement, if we got an apple or orange for Christmas we were the King or Queen for the day. We had love , and if some one gave us a penny we were rich I always say us oldies had the best of this world in spite of all the “improvements”

BeatriceBeatrice
    Participant

Thankyou Rachel, you too stay safe and well and all members on Greypath.

bannie
    Participant

I remember when the polio epidemic was here and at school the preventative measure was not to eat the white pith of an orange as that was the cause of polio     But we still all lined up for our polio jabs and smallpox etc.

Dusty WADusty WA
    Participant

Hello Bannie nice to see you post and yes ,I think we had far fewer selfish people who cant follow the rules than in the present climate .I was terrified of Polio as a child , fortunately it missed me It was a dreadful thing for those who had it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15