Going to the movies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RachelRachel
    Participant

I miss going to the cinema. Thanks to the companion card we can go to Gold class and feel special for the cost of one ticket.
    Sorry ,maybe this should have been in the CoffeeHaus

tivolidreamer
    Participant

Sad we wont beable to go to theatre or cinema for a long time yet. Can they survive?

Craig SwansonCraig Swanson
    Participant

To be honest I dont miss going to the cinema. Yes there are some flicks, very few that almost envelope you and are best seen on the large wide screen. I refer to Jurassic World which was the last cinema flick I saw. I dont mind waiting a few months for the same flick to come onto Foxtel. In addition, I have an extensive film library which with a simple click, I can watch any film of my choosing. There are also many more streaming sites these days that also have recently released flicks.

Swanee

Participant

I used to belong to a senior social club that had a monthly Movie Morning where for $10 we could see a variety of recently released flicks. Morning tea was also thrown in with the ticket.

Swanee.

RachelRachel
    Participant

We have Netflix, Stan and Prime video to stream movies and tv shows from but sometimes as Craig said a movie needs to be watched on a bigger screen. For some reason we can’t stream Foxtel and the last time I checked I thought the packages were rather expensive, plus we would have had to have things we didn’t want to watch in the package.
    We cam also access catch up TV for anything we have missed.

Participant

Yeh Rachel catch up is useful indeed. I often access the SBS On Demand and or ABC IView.

Foxtel must be bringing back BINGE as I am seeing full page adds. I did hear that they were looking at taking on the Yank Netflix with a far cheaper package for subscribers than their earlier effort.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15