Holidays

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by RachelRachel. This post has been viewed 167 times
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RachelRachel
    Participant

I’m going home today from what will be my last holiday with my husband who has dementia.
    It has not been what I would call a relaxing time. Those days are gone now and my job will be made a bit easier by staying home.
    We are now at the stage where I must think of organising respite care, day care and a permanent home before it all gets too much for me.
    Not going to be an easy task as he doesn’t want to do any of these things. He thinks all the problems are his , the poor me syndrome and I just breeze through life.
    Spend a day in my shoes or an hour in my head to see how easy it is being a carer.

penguinpetepenguinpete
    Participant

My heart goes out to you, Rachel. How lucky he is to have someone who sticks by him in the bad times, and is there for the long haul. Good on ya.

Dusty WADusty WA
    Participant

I really feel what you are going through,I have a sister in law going through the same thing. She is 88 and my brother is 92 and can be anything from loving to abusive ,He has never been abusive in his life As I said to her sooner or later she has to put herself first and make those arrangements    my thoughts are with you

JenJen
    Participant

Really feel for you Rachel, such a difficult time. My very best wishes to you.

RachelRachel
    Participant

Thank you, I am very fortunate to have loving,helpful family members nearby to keep me cheerful.
    Life goes on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15