meghan and child

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    malmathermalmather
    Participant

she’s had a baby,  big deal,  women are having children every day without all the fuss,  and after all the only truly special baby is your own

williamthebold
    Participant

Very well said young Mal.
    But ALL births are important to someone.
    I guess they might want to share their happiness?
    Men and women react differently to these things.
    Men are more ‘matter of fact’ about it all?
    Nature at work I suppose.

JJSJJS
    Participant

NAME? PHILLIP CHARLES MOUNTBATTEN SPENCER WINDSOR

JenJen
    Participant

@sussexroyal

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are pleased to announce they have named their first born child:

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor

This afternoon Their Royal Highnesses introduced Her Majesty The Queen to her eighth great-grandchild at Windsor Castle. The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duchess’ mother were also present for this special occasion.

Photo credit: Chris Allerton ©️SussexRoyal

The baby boy will not have a royal title like his cousins, the Cambridges’ children, but will be known simply as Master Archie for the time being.

A name of German origin, Archie is the shortened version of Archibald, meaning ‘bold’ or ‘brave’. Archie’s second name means – of course – ‘son of Harry’.

bettymbettym
    Participant

Thank you Jen, I had been thinking Archie was a bit strange but Archibald makes sense likewise ‘son of Harry’ Will be interesting to see  if he ends up being  called  Archie!

abirdoabirdo
    Participant

I was amazed to see the name Archie has been so popular of late. (I think the new baby just has this shortened version). I wonder if anyone remembers a program years ago called ‘Educating Archie’ ??!!

williamthebold
    Participant

Educating Archie. Yes, I remember.
    Also, the name reminds me of ‘Archie’ in the Biggles stories.
    I think Archie is a strange name for this little boy.

abirdoabirdo
    Participant

I’d forgotten the Biggles Archie! All my family were avid readers and my sister and I were brought up on ‘Just William’ then ‘Biggles’ and Arthur Ransome books. By high school it was Denis Wheatley.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15