The Amazing Cucumber

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettymbettym
    Participant

1-Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need everyday. Just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, B2, B3 ,B5, B6 ,Vitamin C, Calcium,Iron,Folic Acid, Magnesium,Phosphorus,Potassium and Zinc.

2-Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down that caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber they can provide a quick pick me up that can last for hrs.-

3-Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed, no headache.

4 looking forward to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge cucumbers have been used for centuries by traders etc to ward  off starvation.                                                                                                                  5- Looking for a fast way to remove cellulite before going for a swim in the pool,  try rubbing a slice or two along your problem area for a few minutes this causes the collagen in your skin to tighten( sounds like rubbish to me) supposedly works on wrinkles too ( Havent tried this one yet)

6- Just finished a lunch and don’t have any mints or gum, take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth for 30 secs to eliminate bad breathe.

7- Stressed out and don”t have time for a massage or facial or a spa, cut up a entire cucumber and place in a pot of boiling water , the chemicals and nutrients  in the cucumber will react with the boiling water creating a relaxed soothing aroma that will reduce stress in new mothers and students during exams.

Will put the rest of these hints on the top tips page. as they are  for household jobs.

Salina
    Participant

Certainly is an amazing list.

JenJen
    Participant

Thanks BettyM.

tivolidreamer
    Participant

Most interesting.
    I love what we call Aussie cucumber. Sometimes they call it green cucumber.
    Mostly however all I see is continental cucumber.
    Dutch cucumber sald

I cucimber peeled
    Now thinly slice it. Used a slick slicer or some other slicer
    Sprikle sugar on top
    Pinch salt optional
    White vinegar. Must be plain white vinegar
    Oil of choice. I use olive oil
    Mix and let stand for an hour or more

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15